Friday, March 9, 2012

Interview with Bella Andre



What is a typical writing day like for you? 

Even when I am writing one book, I am usually promoting an earlier release (like I am right now with I Only Have Eyes For You, the Sullivans #4!) and brainstorming future book ideas. In a typical writing day, I try to block out other distractions and dial down into my characters’ emotions. I love having big chunks of time to really sink down into my characters and story and my favorite thing is to find myself laughing and crying with my characters as they try to make their way toward true love.

What is one thing you can't live without? 
Besides my family? And my books? And my daily hikes with my husband through local vineyards? And my awesome friends? And my amazing readers? And...well, the list is just way too long! I've never been good at picking one thing. You should see me at a wishing bell. I stand there for so long with my eyes closed trying to narrow it down to one wish! :)

What made you want to be an author?
All my life I've devoured romances. I always remember my mother reading a book and as soon as I could read, I was the same. And then, one day characters started talking in my head. Instead of booking myself into the nearest loony bin :) I decided to write the conversation down. From then on I was hooked and I've never looked back!

Out of all of your books, what scene stands out to you the most?
In my current Sullivans series,which features 6 sexy brothers and 2 sassy sisters who find love one by one, I love the family scenes the most – the ones where the family bicker and love each other from one sentence to the next. I especially love the Sunday family lunch scene in FROM THIS MOMENT ON (The Sullivans #2) and the first Sullivan wedding scene in the beginning of I ONLY HAVE EYES FOR YOU (The Sullivans #4). 

Can you tell us a little bit about The Sullivan series
?
I'd love to! The Sullivans are about a San Francisco Bay Area family of accomplished brothers and sisters – a famous actor, a baseball player, a firefighter, a choreographer, a photographer, a winery owner, a librarian – who fall in love one by one. One of the fun things about the series is that as each sibling falls in love, the family dynamic changes a little bit each time

 
How do you come up with your ideas? 
I always knew I wanted to write about a big family and the rest of The Sullivans grew from there. In big families there’s always the one who takes charge, the joker, the sweetheart – so from those naturally personality types grew Marcus, the eldest and winery owner from From This Moment On and Sophie, the nice librarian in I Only Have Eyes For You as well as the rest of the characters.

What are you currently working on? 
I am working on Zach Sullivan's book! Poor guy is such a you-know-what and he's going to fall sooooo hard that I almost feel sorry for him. Not quite, though! He deserves all the pain and suffering that he gets...

Who are some of your favorite authors?
Jennifer Crusie and Susan Elizabeth Phillips are two of my favorites.

THE LOOK OF LOVE (Sullivans #1) ~ Kindle, Nook, Kobo, Smashwords
FROM THIS MOMENT ON (Sullivans #2) ~ Kindle, Nook, Apple, KoboSmashwords
CAN'T HELP FALLING IN LOVE (Sullivans #3) ~ Kindle, Nook, Apple, KoboSmashwords
Sign up for my newsletter for upcoming release info!

No comments:

Post a Comment