Friday, March 15, 2013

Chatting with the amazing CC Hunter

I am part of a wonderful street team for CC Hunter, and I asked her a little interview. If you haven't read any of her books you are missing out. Her books will make you laugh, cry and yell. I recommend you start reading now and then you can fall in love with this amazing author




What was your favorite scene in the Shadow Falls series?


C.C.: I wouldn’t say there is just one favorite scene, but instead, I think it was every scene when Kylie, Miranda and Della were all together. All three of those characters really spoke to me, and I identified with them all in one way or another. They have such a great friendship that it was enjoyable for me to write their banter. I giggled right along with them.

What was the hardest part about writing Shadow Falls last book?

C.C Oh, it was definitely writing the last few chapters of Chosen at Nightfall. You see, at the time I wrote Chosen at Nightfall, I didn’t know I was going to go on and write Della’s story. I thought that was it, and I was saying goodbye to Kylie, Della, Miranda, Lucas, Derek, Holiday, Burnett, and all the others. I was so sad I wanted to go on writing, but knew I had to write “the end.” Then I talked to my publisher shortly after I turned it in, and we decided to continue the Shadow Falls series, so now, I’m a happy camper! I’m really looking forward to writing Della’s story because there is so much about her that I haven’t told you.
A close second was writing the end of Whispers at Moonrise when Lucas betrays Kylie. That felt like a knife through my heart. I sobbed when I wrote it and felt upset for a while afterwards.



Can you tell us a little about Chosen at Nightfall?

C.C.: Hmmm…nice try! I can’t really tell you much since I don’t want to spoil it for anyone, and besides, my editor would kill me! I can give you a few teasers, though.


In Chosen at Nightfall Kylie…

· Nearly kills Lucas—twice! (Not that he doesn’t deserve it!)

· Acquires another stalker

· Is accused of having an affair with an older man.

· Gets kissed by two guys.

· Has an unwanted guest crawl over the stall when she is trying to pee.

· Buys a pregnancy test.

· Is forced to kill someone to save someone she loves.

· Finally chooses between Lucas and Derek.


What books have most influenced your writing?

C.C.: I love to read, I always have. So, I have read so many wonderful authors’ books, it is difficult to single out one or two. They probably have all influenced me in one way or another. I know I enjoy reading my friend, Sophie Jordan’s books, as well as Joy Preble’s. They are both great people and we do a lot of signings together.
I am busy writing a lot these days, and I don’t have as much time to read as I used to, but I still try to always have a book close by to pick up when I have a minute to myself. It is important to read in the genre you write, but I also like to branch out and read outside YA, too.


Do you have anything new in the works and can you tell us a bit about it?

C.C.: I always have something new in the works. I can’t seem to ever stop my imagination—not that I want to! LOL Right now, I am playing with all sorts of situations that can happen to Della. I really do have a warped sense of humor, and so I can see putting Della in all kinds of trouble. It will be interesting to see her get out of it.


I just want to thank you for having me here today. It has been a pleasure.

 C.C. 
Where you can find C.C. Hunter


1 comment:

  1. I have to say, your books speak to me. They changed the way I think. I honestly would like shadow falls to go on and on the novel needs to be a movie.

    ReplyDelete