Sunday, March 18, 2012

Interview with M.D.

Ember
By Madison Daniel 
~Book One in the Ember Series~ 
A touch of fire. A soul lost to darkness. A longing to change the past. Max Valentine is 18, alone and has the power of a thousand suns at his fingertips. The crush of love will haunt him. The promise of normalcy will elude him. With a song in his heart and a guitar in his hand he will discover the painful truth... 

...love never dies but it can kill.







Prologue: Nightmares 
~Stop Crying Your Heart Out: Oasis~ 

 “Hold on.” 

 “Hold on. Don’t be scared.” 

  Please don’t let go. The pain is dizzying. Just do not let go of her. This is my fault, I’m sure of that now. Look her in the eyes and don’t let go of her. Whatever happens, don’t let her be scared. Be stronger, for her. 
  Nothing else matters now. Not the pain. Not my mistake. Not the taste of blood in my throat. Not the smell of ash all around us. All that matters is her…just her. Hold on. 

 “Hold on a little longer!” I scream. I’m starting to panic. Stop it! You know what happens when you panic. I have to calm down. Just breathe. Stay calm. Do it now, for her! 

 “Max I’m slipping!” she screams. 

 “No! I won’t let it happen!” I say focused. But she was right. I was losing her. I’m heating up again. Try harder and focus. 

 “Help me Max! My hands hurt…it burns! Help me! Please!” she cries louder. I’m so dizzy now. It’s too hot. I’m too hot now. I can’t hold her. She slips away and my heart breaks. 

 “Noooooooo!!!” she wails but her voice sounds so far away now. 

  Slow motion again. The dark pulls at the sides of my eyes and they burn something awful. Fight it. Fight the darkness. I reach out in front of me as far as I can. My eyes burn and I cannot see through my tears. But I can still see the look of terror on her face. I can still see her tears and her burnt and broken hands. 

 “Please no!” I beg. The world grows heavy. 
 “Don’t go…don’t go away…” Now I was screaming. She falls away. 
I fade away…blackness.

About the Author:

Music is LIFE and the written word is our SOUL. Music and writing have been my true ambition since I was a child. I have used music in every form possible; writing it, performing it, healing with it, etc. I call it my "life's soundtrack." I have always written in some form, from comic books to screenplays to short stories and now the new series "Ember." I have spent my writing life inspired by all the music of the universe, 80's movies and eye candy. When not writing I enjoy dreaming out loud, challenging the real world and inspiring the ones I love. I have found a true passion for my stories and characters and am eager to share them with the world. See you on the next book tour...

M.D. Blog
M.D. Twitter
M.D. Goodreads
M.D. Tumblr
M.D. Facebook Author page
M.D. Ember Facebook Book Series
M.D. Amazon Author page
M.D. Smashwords

Now here is his Interview!!!
 
Can you tell us 3 things about yourself that you can’t find on the internet?
MD: #1 I’m an avid comic book collector and wanna-be comic book artist. 
#2 I am a certified lethal dance machine. 
#3 I believe cartoons can be a religion and I’ll fight anyone who says different! Ha, ha, ha...
Can you tell us about the Ember series? 
MD: The Ember series is an adventure of the heart and soul wrapped in a musical bow. Each book has a musical playlist that is listed within the book. Each chapter has a song or songs that resonate the stories and characters emotions. It follows a troubled young fire-starter named Max Valentine. He is surrounded by music and heartache. When he’s forced to share a roof with his favorite uncle in Maui, his adventure begins. Beautiful island girls, cocky exes and exotic sights and sounds are everywhere.
What made you want to become an author?
MD: I don’t know if I wanted to become an author, it just happened. I’ve always written in some form and now I am enjoying the journey of publication. I just follow my muse and right now she is pulling me through the literary world. I love my stories and want as many people as possible to experience them. It’s been a blast.
What are you working on?
MD: Book three in the Ember series, Aftershock (there will be a total of six in the entire series). I have a new series called “13 Breaths” that will soon be making its way to the literary landscape. AND a few surprises for the public! Can’t wait!
Who are some of your favorite authors?
MD: Stephen King is my fav! There are a couple new authors that I am getting to know and love. Tymothy Longoria (scary talented), Nathan Squiers (no holds barred talented!), Raine Thomas (genuinely fabulous talent!) are a few.
How do you come up with your ideas? 
MD: Music is my main motivation. I surround myself in a cocoon of sound at all times. Live it. Breathe it. Love it. I love when a certain song takes me to a precise moment or moving image. My dreams are a major inspiration too. I have crazy dreams.
Is there anything else you would like to add??
MD: Just wanted to say thank you for asking me to be a part of your page! It was fun. Hopefully you’ll have me back. Rock on! ~ M.

1 comment:

  1. Hello! I have a question. How many books are going to be in the series?
    Rachelle

    ReplyDelete